SX3’s Ciao perso [English]

Home Forums Perso’s Projecten SX3’s Ciao perso [English]

This topic contains 236 reacties, has 30 deelnemers, and was last updated by sx3-swe 2 years, 8 months geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 106 tot 120 (van in totaal 237)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Yes, It’s too much angle on the carb… Dellorto says max 30 degrees, but 0-20 is preferred!
    This manifold is a TPR for AM6.. TPR has one for horizontal where the rubber is more angled.. I have ordered this rubber and hopefully it will be perfect and it doesn’t incline negative.

I will fit the motor in the Ciao before I mill the final carter, but for now I need to finnish all the fitments, with bearings, oil seals and so on.

Further on I’m working on some “improvements” the holder for the stator is more sexified and allows for more airflow12.

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

Looks nice, do you use solid works?

jaffabaffa
    Donateur

Looks awesome😍👌🏽👌🏽 I am very curious to see how you will modify the frame to make the engine fit without sacrificing too much structural entegrity. I look forward to future updates!

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

@zevenenergie, No I’m using Autodesk Inventor.. But it’s basically the same thing. 🙂

@jaffabaffa, yes that is indeed a chapter of its own, there will be pretty decent amount of power packed into the frame so there will be need  for reinforcements anyway.

The carter inclines 20 degree where the membraan goes. The AM6 intake rubber has 40 degree angle. Therefor with this setup the carburator will be angled 30 degrees. That is maximum angle of what Dellorto states, but they recomend 0-20 degrees.

So the intake rubber for a horizontal Minarelli is angled 58 degrees + 20 degree on carter gives a carb angle of 12 degrees. I think this will be perfect, even though I think it looks more racing with inclined carb.

Skärmklipp

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

For tuning sake I would angel the membraan space in the blok a littel more if possibele.
    .For if the intake rubber make,s a bent, the mixture wil go to one site of the membraan and get al the mixture. It is better to even out as much as possible, by making the airflow straight. 😉
    Also is it a good idee to make the distance between te membraan and the carburateur as schort as possible.
    and to have a membrane with  many valves.
    But I think you know this alrady.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

I hear you, but if I inclinde the bracket, I must also raise it.. If I raise it I will get bigger volume in the carter = less crank case compression.. I think I will go with this design.. One day I will hopefully test it on Dyno, then I’ll eloborate with both intake rubbers but also VL18 vs Vforce3 membraan.. I think the VL18 is a good choice aswell..

Today I received the rear clutch to collaborate with the front Scooter variator. 🙂

Last week I ordered a 2Fast 70cc cylinder, tuned by Hendrik Keller in Germany.. Hopefully he will prepare the cylinder this week.. Since he won IDC last weekend in both Dragrace and Scooter I think it will perform 😛IMG_20181009_162848IMG_20181009_162927IMG_20181009_163746

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Santa claus came early this year. 🙂
    IMG_20181017_185537_535IMG_20181017_185537_543

I have realized that the reed valve needs more room, so I redesigned the inlet. Instead of covering the crank it’s a more Malossi C-One inspired reedintake. Some other minor improvements done, such as tolerance for bearings and oil seals.. And oh.. A slightly different design.. Noone will notice the difference. 🙂
    v26v24v22v25V21v23

Next step? Order some aluminium and check the tolerances once again.
    Then let my friend start the mill..

Crullie
    Donateur

Good to see that your know-how helps you with your 2stroke desire to perform like no other.
    All I can say is that I like it very much and will definitely follow your progress :thumb
    keep Up the good work, let us know,….

Succes   😛

TICKLING BARN

Tiesman1986

Very Nice to see how you do iT all by your self making the engine ! Can wait to iT running 😀

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

Nice cilinder… 😛  Ik think this carter looks even better.:thumb.  If I can be so bold, how much does it cost to mill your design?

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks guys!

If I let a company machine this for me then this would be aprox theese prices:
    1 piece: 964€
    5 piece: 380€
    10 piece: 300€

In my case me and my friend trade services.. he owes me 50 hours on the machine because of work I have done for him so I’ll only need to buy the raw material which is like 240€ worth of aluminium. (Fu*king expensive with aluminium :D)

Crullie
    Donateur

Do I hear that well € 240,-  for 10 pieces of aluminum ?   😛
    If so, then maybe I will reserve a crankcase?!,  Is that possible ?

.:thumb You can mark mine as 007

TICKLING BARN

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Then you’ll have to get on a plane here to Sweden and be a Slave for the machine operator for 20+ works hours. 🙂 Should I reserve 007 for you then? 😉

I wish that I had the possibility to offer this crankcase for other people, unfortunatly my friend only machine for a hobby and not for the money. He machine in change for help with something he needs help with.
    I can ask him next time I slave for him, how much he would want in cash to make cases other than to me. I guess it will be expensive though, something in parity with above pricing of 1 piece.

what I pay is 240€ for the raw material.Which is quite close to thoose 300€ incl machining if order over 10 pieces. However I would need a fully functional prototype before considering producing larger volume.

Or maybe I just give away the 3D files free, contributing to the community just like the Fan for thoose who wanted the files and let people arrange the milling on their own. 🙂

Crullie
    Donateur

I know what you are saying, I will stay calm and follow the progress of the proto type.
    Sweden, love it, the country of Husaberg and Husqvarna, very good material  😎
    And certainly interested in those 3d files as the prototype is running  :thumb

TICKLING BARN

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

Tanks for sharing this price information.:thumb
    I must say, the price of a 1 milling is substancial.
    I gess it won,t be an option to look at the drawing carefully and use a dremel to keep the price down 😉

If you are going  to share the 3D files I whoud deffenetly be interested. 😯
    But who knows, maby you find a way to make a produktion serie.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 106 tot 120 (van in totaal 237)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.