SX3’s Ciao perso [English]

Home Forums Perso’s Projecten SX3’s Ciao perso [English]

This topic contains 236 reacties, has 30 deelnemers, and was last updated by sx3-swe 2 years, 8 months geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 237)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Today I got some work done! The rear fender and the reinforcement bar is welded. Also reinfoced the the attachments between the fuel tank the side panels. Unfortunatly I forgot to take some pictures of that, and the frame is at the workshop So I won’t be able to take pictures untik next weekend.

I did also finnish up the spacers on the fork.. The first idea was to weld it, but I didn’t want to rug of the color, and as it doesn’t carry any loads I just drilled it and tapped it and used counter sunk M5 screws.. Now I just need to do something about the “spigot” that holds the brake naaf/hub in place.. It’s about 1cm too short, but as this part will carry some loads during braking I’m not sure if it’s going to break if I increase it’s length, instead I’m going to mod the naaf/hub part and increase the length of that “U”-part by welding a bit of Iron to it!

Here comes the pictures of todays spacer work at least.

BTW: Do anyone have a CAD (DWG, mastercam or inventor) model of a ciao carter? 🙂 Especially the small carter half!? Would be great if I didn’t have to make one from scratch 🙂

Fredzzz

sx3-swe :
    @Fredzz: I was just “spit balling”, I’ve never seen a SE or EVO carter in real life, nor many on the net.. So I just assumed that the PHBG would’nt fit with clamp connection. But now I’ve learned something new.. Thanks for the input, it’s appriciated!

Looking good!

BTW, if you ever need a carb + intake setup for either the Speed Engine cases or Reed Valve cases, let me know. We CNC-machine both versions.

These are PHBG and SHA intake manifolds for Speed Engines…

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks! Will have that in consideration, but you didn’t have much else for ciao in the shop? 🙂

Anyone have experience of thoose C40 clutch bells from Italy? Not the Ivano, I’m talking about thoose black/chrome versions that gab_pei sells on ebay.. I do want a strong and reliable bell, but thoose seem to have really big venting holes, so I’m not sure weither they actually are much better than original?

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

It feels like I’ve been working all day long without any results….
    Well, I managed to complete a couple of tasks atleast..

– Change front axle to longer one
    – Change springs in the vario
    – Sand down some nasty welds

I did notice I have 100mm pulley in the rear clutch, is it recomended to use the 90mm instead? 90 for top speed, and 100 for acceleration? The ratio in the naaf is 1:11,5.

The frame is in my trunk, on Monday I’ll take it for a dose of sand blasting, I’m not fond of sanding by hand..

This is my special front naaf, to be used with the EBR. not the prettiest. but it will do the job!

This is how things look, as you can see, the black hydraulic EBR for puch Maxi are quite wider than the “normal” maxi EBR, which many have used without mods.. I thought I could do the same, but noooooooooooooooooo.. Never mind, it’s no problem anymore. 🙂

I just want to hop on, and take a ride already! 😀

Another angle, the wheel is centred, even though the picture says something else.

Show no fear, the butcher is here!!!!!!

Some nice Malossi springs are fitted!

And now Frankenstein is completed, now I just need an Ivano bell or something similar. May i’ll go for the gab_pei C40 🙂

MarcoS
    Donateur

Looking good 😀
    And go for the c40 clutch, it’s the sameone as the Ivano 😉
    keep up the good work, man

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks! 🙂
    Will get the black C40 when I see it on Ebay again, as for now only the chrome is availble..

Got the frame to a company who sand blasts, got the frame back 20 minutes later, and I don’t regret any penny spent for the service!! Now it just needs some rust protection and some vulmiddel/filler around the welds before it’s ready for some color, but I’ll save that for the weekend!

Martino
    Bijdrager

So now you have to hurry up and get some coating on that frame. It will start rusting any moment now. 😀

Any thoughts about coloring this moped?

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Haha, that’s what I’m afraid of, that’s why I brought it inside the apartment where the air is not that moist. Hopfully it won’t start rusting until the weekend 😀

Yes, I have thought about 16 million different colour combinations, but as I probably will use spraycans, I think I’ll go for a shiny white with black rims, fork, steering and zadel.. If I was to let someone proffesional do the work, then I would probably have choosen Lamborghini orange metallic or some sort of Lexus/toyota Prius pearl white.

Found a guy in Sweden with a brand new Sprocatti rotating disc with a stage 6 R/T cylinder and a 28mm carb and PVL ignition.. Never started.. So if I don’t get my hands on a Simo klein carter, I might have to go all in and buy that beast instead.. 😀

Martino
    Bijdrager

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Yes, that’s the guy! 🙂
    But I don’t know how to get the port timings adjusted, due to the 46mm stroke crankshaft.. I need to do some research

Edit: One option is to use the 110cc Parmakit cylinderkit, made for 46mm stroke and 90mm rod. That might do the job… That motor would then be kind of evil I guess!

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Echo, echo, echo…..

Well, I haven’t sold it, I haven’t wrecked it, I haven’t been lazy (okey, a little bit lazy, I’ve been busy with my FPV quadcopter and repairing the brakes on my 1:1 car.)

Time is much, and I’ll tell a bedtime story about me going bananas, before I go for bed…

Say hello to Polini SE CP carter, and to the “Bridgeport”, a manual milling machine!

Now it’s quite flat, I had to make a “ladder”, because I wanted to spare the bearing seat and also the cooling hole to the bearing

And here is the adapter plate, I left it thicker than it will be in the end, just to have material to work with and hopefully the heat from the TIG won’t destroy the straightness of the parts.

Now the parts are welded, and I’ve started to mill down the plate.

As you can see there was some pockets of air, wasn’t sure if it leaks, so I milled down a slit between the carter and the plate, to re-weld the slit, just to be sure.

Had an little accident, the material was too thin at one transfer port, so I got a hole and some aluminium ran in the transferport, I’ll need to machine that down later when I start to matchport 🙂

Now the carter is open, did not use the manual mill for this, used the CNC mill instead.

Say hello my 21mm PHBG and Stage 6 dual layer airfilter.

Well, as stated before this was a Polini SE CP, Contactpunkten motor…. So I milles down the mounting brackets a bit..

………… And here comes the adapter plate….

… And here it is, the stator of the HPI inner rotor ignition..

Martino
    Bijdrager

Nice work. Even nicer all the machinery you get your hands on.
    Looking for a big Side-inlet, why not making your own. 😉

lightlord
    Donateur

Awesome work i wish i had that kind of machinery..Looking great so far 😛

Je ware pubertijd duurt je leven lang
    Lightlord's Dizzy/Gypsi

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks 🙂 Yes, right tools for a certain job isn’t the problem in my case, if it wasn’t for Martino, scaring me of all thoose poor quality simonin side inlet carters, I wouldn’t had the guts to put a brand new carter under the TIG, I pre-heated the carter on the cooking plate shown in one picture to aprox 190 degrees and kept my fingers crossed that the carter would keep it’s propotions and not get deformed. my plan B was to mill out a new small carter if this got really bad, but the tolerances of matching the bearing seat with the big carter wouldn’t have made the job of milling a small carter out of a block easy.

Here comes a small video of running the CNC mill to make out the hole for the reed valve. It’s Dynamyte 4400, made in 1986, it’s been rebuild with Mach III software instead of the original controller.

Edit: Don’t know how to embed the video in the post..

Lastpak
    Bijdrager

great work! nice detailed post about the work you’ve done.
    the side-inlet looks great so far! :thumb

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 237)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.