Rear vario clutch setup

Home Forums English General questions Rear vario clutch setup

This topic contains 2 reacties, has 2 deelnemers, and was last updated by sx3-swe 5 years, 8 months geleden.

3 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 3 (van in totaal 3)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Hello,

I’m a bit buzzed about the gear ratios, and size of pulley on the rear clutch and would appriciate some input from you experts.

This is my setup:
    Polini front vario
    1:11,5 rear varionaf
    100mm pulleys on rear cluctch
    Yellow springs inside clutch
    Pinasco 46mm
    21mm dellorto.
    Calibrata

So back to the topic, from what I’ve read 90mm disc gives slightly more top speed and 100mm gives slightly more acceleration correct?

The Malossi gears seem to be strong, but the gearing is too “long” from what I’ve read, correct?

From what I’ve read the 1:10,5 is best compromise between speed and acceleration, correct?

I don’t know what would be the wiser for me:
    – Going with Malossi gearing and keep the 100mm disc.
    – Change disc to 90mm and keep 1:11,5
    – Replace some gears to get 1:10,5 and keep 100/replace to 90

Does anyone know what gears to replace if I want to convert to 1:10,5?
    For example, there are Pinasco kit.. but unsure what gearing it will result in?
    https://www.ebay.it/itm/INGRANAGGI-RACING-PINASCO-ADATTABILI-PIAGGIO-CIAO-SI-BRAVO-/282633565849

Herr Flick
    Sleutelbeheerder

I think, for your setup, 10,5 or Malossi gears are working fine – with 100mm discs.

Do you have a problem now, with your setup? Is it not going fast enough, you need more acceleration? What is your goal?

46 Pinasco, Malossi RV, Schijfrem, Fox Vario
    Gele Racefrikandel

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Well to be honest the Ciao isn’t even build yet, hence not tested! Probably I won’t be finnished in the upcoming 5 years with my speed either. But building is fun to 😀

My goal is to have a combination of acceleration and speed.
    I don’t want to do wheelies by just touching the handle but also I’m a bit of a pussy, so 85km/h+ on a ciao I’ll probably scream like a little kid.

A couple of years ago I saw a chart over different gearings and ratio from the Italian forum, the link seem to be broken nowadays unfortunatly. Would be intrestesting to know what parts to replace to achive 1:10,5 ratio without replacing the whole varionaf.

3 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 3 (van in totaal 3)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.