Ferodo vs. Newfren

Home Forums Techniek Mechanisch Ferodo vs. Newfren

This topic contains 8 reacties, has 6 deelnemers, and was last updated by Dea_944t 9 years geleden.

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)
  • Gebruiker

Jockoballa
    Topic starter

Hi VCs,

yesterday I took an exact look on both – the Ferodo and Newfren – brakes.
    To me it seems that both brake pads are totally the same! Only the name is different, but even the packing is very simliar!

The Ferodo rear brake pad also has those “metal” particles in it and stroking over it feels very rough and sharp.

Some people here told me, that the Newfren will mess up the wheels and that the Ferodo will work/be thousand times better. Therefore I ordered a complete kit via the VC nl shop… but to me they seem to be made from the same material and everything else is identical, too.

Can anyone please give a short feedback to that issue? Pictures are coming soon.

Gr.
    Jocko

Wilk1985

I drive both without problems, but i never made a good comparison…

Tonni

Maybe Speedbuxy can post some pictures of his experience with the Newfren brakepads…

My experience is limited to comparisment between the standard from JMPB and the Ferodo, and the Ferode really breaks a lot better.

I came, I saw, and I forgot what I was doing...

speedbuxy
    Bijdrager

I dont got those rims anymore.
    But it was with 3 different rims and 3 new newfren brake pads and it ruined all 3 rims within 100km.
    So I would never install this type/brand of brake pad.

@Fabian
    You right, the ferodo have the same metal particles as the newfren brake pad.
    Thats also the reason why im not installed them yet.

criminalmindz
    Donateur

So what brake pads are you using speedbuxy?

Jockoballa
    Topic starter

speedbuxy :
    […]
    @Fabian
    You right, the ferodo have the same metal particles as the newfren brake pad.
    Thats also the reason why im not installed them yet.

So I wonder why two persons of this forum recommended to buy the Ferodo brake pads via the VC-shop, because they should be better than the Newfren?

I will go for the original brake pads Bernardi Mozzi delivered with the rims, that would be the best decision I guess. At least they wont wear out my brake drums.
    But telling people to buy the “better” Ferodo brakes from the VC-shop, although they are totally identical, just to sell them away is perhaps not the best marketing strategy.

If I am wrong with that, I won’t have said anything! But to the only difference is the different name on the brake pads.

Tonni

I have not found (hard)metal parts in my Ferodo pads? Maybe there are different batches? Particles in brakepads are quite common, but the hard steel ones that were used in the Newfrens are just too much I think.
    Maybe Newfren also bettered themselves and are also okay now? I haven’t seen the pads for a while.

I have heard and seen wasted wheels on more than one occasion in the past where Newfren pads were used.

I use the Ferodo because the universal pads from JMPB are crap as far as the ones I have had.

So I think that you can’t just conclude what you write, and neither judge the VC-shop sellers like this.

As far as I know there have been no complaints what so ever about the Ferodo pads so far.
    You can count on it that they wouldn’t be sold by us if they proved to be as crappy as Newfren has been.

I came, I saw, and I forgot what I was doing...

Jockoballa
    Topic starter

It wasn’t a general judgement on the people who recommended them to me or in general to the VC-forum or shop. But you have got to understand my point. I asked for a good alternative for the Newfren pads and I really appreciated the advice, that they will wear out the drums. Thanks again for that!

But I got brake pads which seem to be totally identical concerning basic form, material, coating of the brakes and the brake pad material and dimensions to the Newfren and I am a bit confused about that. The Ferodos has, as well as the Newfren, the same colour and the rear brakes are full of “metal” particles. If you stroke above the unused pads they feel exactly the same: sharp and rough.

Thanks for opening the “experience topic”. I will also make some photos, soon, to get more clear what I want to say. Because moreover I am quite sure, that the brakes both are coming from the same plant. Even the packings are nearly the same.

Gr.

Dea_944t
    Bijdrager

Are ferodo available for the front wheel as well?

Just changed to Newfren but I’m not impressed with the braking

Available but hard to find.

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.