Electronic diagram for CDI version

Home Forums English General questions Electronic diagram for CDI version

This topic contains 8 reacties, has 3 deelnemers, and was last updated by Seru.ch 1 year, 4 months geleden.

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

I’m trying to figure out what each cable is for, I have theese 3 + the black that grounds to the engine.
    I need to wire them up to the Malossi power ignition.

I also wonder if anyone know where I can buy the male contact or atleast its Scientific name, so I can keep the cable stem original and not cut the wires.

I have checked here;

Bedradingsschema contactpunten en elektronische ontsteking

But my colours are different, no blue or yellow?20200705_102703

• Dit onderwerp is gewijzigd 1 year, 4 months geleden door sx3-swe.

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

This plugs comes from the Vespa,look on Google for “Vespa Stecker 3 pin”. Maybe a local Vespastore have this. I ordered mine from scootercenter in Germany.
    The colors of your cables are not common, look where they go.
    You will use the Malossi-regulator?
    What for electrical consumers you want to use? What for Voltage and Wattage have this consumer?

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

Dieser Stecker stammt von der Vespa, suchen Sie bei Google nach “Vespa Stecker 3 Pin”. Vielleicht hat ein lokaler Vespastore dies. Ich habe meine beim Rollercenter in Deutschland bestellt.
    Die Farben Ihrer Kabel sind nicht üblich. Schauen Sie, wohin sie führen.
    Sie werden den Malossi-Regler benutzen?
    Was für elektrische Verbraucher möchten Sie verwenden? Was für Spannung und Leistung hat dieser Verbraucher? 

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

You are correct, Previous owner messed with my wiring harness earlier. The stator colors are still intact, so those colors are matching the Diagram.

Yes, the Malossi regulator.

If I’m not mistaken, yellow and blue are positive (+) and brown is ground (-) and also the single cable that normally grounds to the engine block is ground/negative.

I will only setup head light, rear light, brake light and signal horn. Original functionality.
    Ordered 12V bulbs, but didnät find any apropriate signal horn, so I will test my luck with the 6V horn and see if it lasts.

20200705_143930

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 1 year, 4 months geleden door sx3-swe.

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

The original colors that came out of the Motor mean:
    yellow = 6V/20W
    brown = 6V/10W
    blue = 12v/10W
    black = ground
    That are al AC.
    The Malossi-Ignition makes 12V/65W (yellow ca. 15W and red ca. 50W).
    I recommend to put more power at the lights and use the regulator to generate 12VDC for a 12V Motorcycle-horn.

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

IMG_20200706_220555
    Left “Rot” comes cable from the Stator and the Lights and Brake light.
    2. “Masse” is ground
    3. “Gelb” comes to the yellow cable from the Stator.
    4. “Akku” is 12VDC

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks!

Hmm, is the regulator 2 independant channel? Since you have both Yellow and Red from the Malossi stator going into the regulator.
    I thought the regulator only could handle 1 input?

Martino
    Bijdrager

This link might help you with the connector

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

Thanks! Hmm, is the regulator 2 independant channel? Since you have both Yellow and Red from the Malossi stator going into the regulator. I thought the regulator only could handle 1 input?

The regulator limit the red wire to about 13.5VAC. The 2. Chanel (yellow wire is input) makes about 13.5 VDC (its a half wave regulator, you loose 50% of the energy to this output).

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.