Simonini engine

Home Forums English General questions Simonini engine

This topic contains 30 reacties, has 9 deelnemers, and was last updated by Speedbuster 16 years, 4 months geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 31)
  • Gebruiker

Speedbuster
    Topic starter

Hey at all
    i buy an simonini engine, the old one typ.
    Now i want to fit it in a ciao my cio. To make nothing wrong i need all information i can get about this engine. the caburator is a dellorto phbg 19 as, the inlet port is on the side.
    Who sell a simonini exhaust?

Vespaflappie
    Bijdrager

you should put a 24mm Carburator on it, that original(or 26)…
    You can get a simonini 100cc exhaust at http://www.jmpb.nl/shop... Select citta–>motorische delen—>uitlaten….

Good luck!

barry
    Donateur

The best,you can buy a calibrata exhaust @ 30mm.This one is much better than the original 100cc exhaust.
    For the rest…….Mounting on the ciao & start it.Take 6% castrol TTS & a cold plug.
    Also you have to work the right side of the ciao to make a little space for mounting the carburettor.
    Here some pics from my bravo:

I drive with a 21mm carburettor.Also make an aluminium cover to put over the cilinder.This is very good for cooling the engine.Just like the black plastic cover for a original cilinder.

hansieb

I would buy an 28mm Keihin replica or 24mm stage 6 powerjet carb and fitted that on the simo engine. 19mm is to small for an 88cc cilinder.

Also instead of the ugly 100cc pipe i would buy the 30mm Calibrata because it looks godly 😉

Much oil and handle it with care and it will be alright. Also a good filter is required ( twinair something like that )

barry
    Donateur

Here a small & stupid video from me & the simo.

edje
    Bijdrager

je gaat ook nog bijna op je bek 😛 ( you almost fell )

English please! :no

ArvidW: HansieB, if you correct somebody please do it properly:pest

Edit by hans : Sorry it was early this morning , and i had an english discussion on school about alcohol abuse. I think i can blame it on that.

barry
    Donateur

No no , Just showing that I have good brake’s!!!

ArvidW
    Donateur

There are a few things witch you should pay extra attention to:
    – Cooling the engine, some people found that the engine will easyally run hot witch couses mechanical failure. Be sure that the engine is cooled properly by the airflow from the fins of the flywheel. Barry already suggested to make an aluminum coverplate to make sure that the airflow is cooling the engine.

– Enough lubrication, this engine will rev upto something like 13.000rpm and that generates a lot of friction, make sure that you use good quality oil

– Right Air-Fuel mixture, a guy at this forum drove many miles with the wrong jet and now his cilinder is damaged (the Nicasiel potection in the cilinder is worn out)

– The cilinder is covering some of the inlet-port, if you put the cilinder in the engine itself you will notice, you can solve the problem by grinding some of the cilinder away.

Have fun with your 11HP engine 😀 (or was it a 13HP engine?:P)

AW50-4t | 13.13 | Gianelli Citypower | 3.2Nm@6000rpm | 3.0pk@6700rpm
    Home made engine dyno

Edjuh
    Bijdrager

I see the cylinderhead is already adjusted to a Ciao frame?

In that case, you only have to cut the frame in order to mount the side-inlet:

The ‘100cc’ exhaust is built for topspeed, I think a calibrata or fabrizi exhaust(re-welded to 30mm) will give better acceleration.

Also, your engine will probably accelerate better with a 19mm then a 28mm carburator. I use a 26mm carb with a 130 jet, but I haven’t driven yet.

Last tip(barry forgot), use an extra joint(dichtung).

Good luck!

Speedbuster
    Topic starter

Thank you all for the informations. Very good tips about the carburator and exhaust.
    @Edjuh
    You write “use an extra joint” feet or head??
    The meanings about the carburator are much different 19, 21, 24 to26mm.
    I dont whant to drive a record speed i whant to drive smooth and fast, is the 19mm cab not good to drive.
    Could i demage my engine with this “small” cab.

Edjuh
    Bijdrager

You won’t damage your engine, but maybe a 24 or 26mm will run smoother.

-Fussdichtung;)

Speedbuster
    Topic starter

Thank’s a lot.
    Any body else who can post something about the engine?

hansieb

For what price are going to buy this simonini engine and you going to drive with the simonini clutch or variomatic?

.-{2F4OV}-.

Well..

Just buy a 24 / 26 mm engine. Not 28 mm because this carb is an overkill. And tuning the engine will be difficult.

As exhaust you’d best buy the Calibrata 30! mm. You can buy this on JMPB.nl but only on request! The exhaust on their website is 22mm.

@hansieb: The cilinder is 83,2 cm3 and not 88 cm3. ( you’d wish…)

@ArvidW: If you have the plastic cooling plate mounted and tuned the engine well, it will not run hot.
    The engine will not rev up to 13.000 rpm, because the engine would explode. Max rpm is about 10.500. Max torque will occur at 10.000 rpm. This will be 12 HP. How higher the temperature, the lower the friction;)

I hope I have informed you enough.

Speedbuster
    Topic starter

@.-{2F4OV}-.
    can you post me your papers from the engine, i see in your project that you got a new one.
    the introductions elctrical komponents.

I drive it with a malossi mhr with 7,5 gr rolls and ori variomat in the rear.
    I want also fit the plastic cooling
    since i have buy the engine i live in my garage lol:D

I have a 19mm cab but i think i buy 24

JMPB have only exhaust with 22mm

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 31)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.