Piet30 Oldtimer resto

Home Forums Perso’s Projecten Piet30 Oldtimer resto

This topic contains 171 reacties, has 28 deelnemers, and was last updated by Piet30 6 years, 10 months geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 172)
  • Gebruiker

Piet30
    Topic starter

due to some free time over the year change I started to restore two old Ciao (frames).

First is a Moped V40 from 1969 (C9V1T*160690*)

I stripped the frame and will bring it to the powder coater tomorrow

In the mean time I fixed a new tire on the rear rim and cleaned the gearbox

In parallel during the powder coating time of the 19″ frame I started working on a 17″ Dutch frame.

Frame number: C7E1T *1016842* from 1970. It looks that it is complete, only engine missing.
    The plan for this frame is also powder coating the frame, cleaning all original parts and putting a old standard engine in.

So far I cleaned the rear rim and gearbox

Bas23
    Bijdrager

Looks nice Piet30:thumb But you should give me that rear rim off the blau one:D
    I can’t wait to see what you make off it, are all the C9 ciao’s in Germany?:lol:thumb

Piet30
    Topic starter

thanks πŸ˜€

Wilk1985

Nice projects! I have absolutely no doubt these projects will be worth looking at so i cant wait to see the coming update!

Piet30
    Topic starter

thanks man :thumb

tomorrow I will bring the blue 19 inch frame to the powder coater.
    I like to coat it in the color from this prospect

I found a RAL ton 6034, do you think that will be close to the color in the prospect?

DinoH
    Donateur

Nice color, cool for a 19 inch!

Wilk1985

If i type al 6034 in Google i get a lot of results that look a lot like it!

Nice color that suits a 60’s project!

Piet30
    Topic starter

thanks Dino, maybe it is close to the original color from 1969 Verde Paraggi.

Wilk1985, that was my impression too when I Googled the RAL 6034. πŸ˜•
    I thought it must be very close to the prospect color and brought my frame and stuff to the coater today.
    Then I checked his RAL color cards to be sure, but on the coaters RAL color cards the 6034 looked even different to all I have seen on Google so far. :cry

Na ja, egal, now it will become RAL 6034. In three weeks from now I can pickup the finished frame and we will see what comes out. πŸ˜‰

Then I went forward to strip the red 17″ frame and cleaning the oily parts.

after rough cleaning in a gasolin bath I saw the the V-stur is scheef. πŸ™

The headlamp is painted by hand with silver color. Any idea how I can clean the lamp without damaging the plastic housing?

Bas23
    Bijdrager

Hello Piet, i think i can get you a V stuur, i know somebody that got one, with gass throttle.
    Have you got finger nail remover? Woman remove thair finger nail with that. that will work maybee.

JariV
    Bijdrager

Finger nail remover? I think you mean nail polish remover :p or maybe you just know kinda creepy women.

This usually consists of acetone and I wouldn’t use that if you don’t want to damage the plastic. It is the same substance used in sticker remover, and most of the time this leaves a matte spot on the surface where used.

Bas23
    Bijdrager

Yes JariV I know creapy women:whistle I have Used that “Stuff” on plastic before and it have worked great.
    I don’t think he will get the paint off without some ‘Matte spot’ on the service. Maybee paint remover i used on
    my side covers:thumb

Piet30
    Topic starter

πŸ˜€ I checked my wifes vanity case but she only has the version without Aceton. That is too soft :lol

Just tested the Graffiti remover at one side of the lamp housing. Not too bad I would say.

Bas23
    Bijdrager

Looks okay to me:thumb Maybee some polisch.

Jelle

Nice, for the finishing touch I would use:

lightlord
    Donateur

I would use commandant 4 polish..i use that Always to remove overspray.
    I dont know if you got that in your country ??

Je ware pubertijd duurt je leven lang
    Lightlord's Dizzy/Gypsi
15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 172)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.