Malossi DEPS Carter Copy

Home Forums Techniek Opvoeren Malossi DEPS Carter Copy

This topic contains 39 reacties, has 11 deelnemers, and was last updated by .-{2F4OV}-. 18 years geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 40)
  • Gebruiker

Millen
    Topic starter

I want to make a copy of a malossi carter with my speed engine carter and i need a picture of the malossi carter.
    I want to see the engine from the cilinder angle like on this picture. Does anyone have a picture.

Edjuh
    Bijdrager

[url]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=BVONBX6O[/url]
    Here you are!(look to the right in the menu).

I’m almost ready with my own deps carter copy, made of an original carter:)

Where are you going to get your deps cilinder?

Millen
    Topic starter

I bought My 47mm deps cilinder from a guy here in sweden for 90 euro including shipping. It was brand new he sold his ciao before he got the cilinder so i bought it.

Thanks for the link by the way!

Ndc
    Bijdrager

47mm how many cc is that?

November Rain
    Bijdrager

75cc 🙂

iaccaloco
    Bijdrager

Maybe you should take a look on my own website….

The Malo engine is the one at the top-left…..;)

http://www.vespafreak.nl/vespa/enginepage.htm

Gelukkig is m'n piemel in 't Engels wél dick!

.-{2F4OV}-.

What do u mean by making a copy?

Do u take a standard carter and edit this one so it’s the same as the malo engine?
    How can u do this?

November Rain
    Bijdrager

.-{2F4OV}-. :
    What do u mean by making a copy?

Do u take a standard carter and edit this one so it’s the same as the malo engine?
    How can u do this?

Buy 2 or 3 fucked up aluminium cilinders.. maybe you can get em for free, since they are fucked up, melt ‘em up. Make a nice manifold (spruitstuk) of it etc. And there you go. Would be a lot of work but it IS possible I guess. Before I had mij malo I would make one myself too 😛

edit:
    Be sure you know a good welder.. someone who is skilled and CAN weld aluminium

o btw.. also make sure the nicasil layers are gone before you go melt 😛 else it would be sucks to weld ‘em onto your carters

.-{2F4OV}-.

Seems very difficult to me 😀

Edjuh
    Bijdrager

‘Making a copy’ in my case only means making the cilinder fit(because i have used a piaggio carter instead of a speedengine), and the central port match with the one on the cilinder.

I’m NOT making it a reedvalve engine, dunno what millen’s plans are.

Millen
    Topic starter

Edjuh :
    ‘Making a copy’ in my case only means making the cilinder fit(because i have used a piaggio carter instead of a speedengine), and the central port match with the one on the cilinder.

I’m NOT making it a reedvalve engine, dunno what millen’s plans are.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m planning to do aswell, not making a reedvalve or anything like that. Maybe I’ll try that some day with a fucked up engine, but not with my brand new SpeedEngine :con

Thanks iaccaloco, you website had some great pictures that’s going to be very useful for me! 🙂

Btw, since there aren’t many serious Ciao-tuners here in Sweden, I was wondering if the Malossiengine is better than Polini Evo? Cause I’ve had an Evo and planning to buy a new, maybe I should buy a Malossiengine? What do you think?

Herr Flick
    Sleutelbeheerder

malossi carters have a larger inlet

46 Pinasco, Malossi RV, Schijfrem, Fox Vario
    Gele Racefrikandel

Millen
    Topic starter

Herr FlicK :
    malossi carters have a larger inlet

I’ve seen that, but doesn’t it have a smaller carburator? I’ve only seen that you can buy 17 mm carburator to the Malossiengine. I don’t understand why they make the inlet larger when they have a smaller carburator? Or is it the cilider with the central port that’s making most of the difference to the Evoengine?

hansieb

The deps cilinder is i think way faster then the polini 80cc.

Dual exhaust port is real fast and compared to the 80cc polini which is i think way slower then the 80 deps.

Also at the malossi engine you can put a bigger carb on.

Check http://www.vespa-ciao.nl/forums.php?m=posts&q=2247&n=last#bottom

The biggest pro is ofcourse the better cilinder i think. If you want a deps cilinder on a evo engine you need to adjust the hole carters by making a deps port in it. At the malossi it ofcourse standard comes with 1.

If i had the money and the will i would definitly go for the malossi engine which i think you can get more HP out then then the evo engine.

It also looks like the inlet of the malossi carters is way more then evo engine.

A question ends : whats the biggest carb you can put on by adjusting the inlet-manifold (spruitstuk) were the carb is on. Is 20mm the max or you can make it 24mm ?

iaccaloco
    Bijdrager

Mill, if you’re planning to buy another nice engine for your Vespa……

Be sure to get yourself a Sprocatti-engine….

None of us tried it yet, but i’m véry sure…

Throw your Malossi, Simonini and Polini-engines in the recycle bin, Sprocatti is the shit!!

http://www.sprocatti-motori.com

Gelukkig is m'n piemel in 't Engels wél dick!
15 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 15 (van in totaal 40)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.