speed engine,

Home Forums English General questions speed engine,

This topic contains 4 reacties, has 4 deelnemers, and was last updated by pink floyd 13 years, 10 months geleden.

5 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 5 (van in totaal 5)
  • Gebruiker

pink floyd
    Topic starter

Hello everyone I need some help,i’m running a 46.5mm Malossi cylinder on my Bravo, but the original crankcases I had bored to 50mm are not in good shape. I would like to buy a Polini speed engine, but would the ports match the Malossi cylinder, or do I need to buy a new 46mm polini cylinder as well?

LeonM93
    Bijdrager

The ports are mainly always on the same places, but if want to tune ur cilinder by also making the boosterports match with ur engine, u will have to use a dremel anyways.
    But the prefabricated ports in a speed engine will match the cilinder’s ports.

ArvidW
    Donateur

No, the porths won’t match. 46.5malossi uses triangular main transfer porth channels and polini uses more a rectangular shape with radius in the corners.

You’ll have to mill the crankcase and cilinder in such a way that they match.

Buying a polini 80 won’t solve the problem, even these transferporth channels do not match the speedengine perfectly.

AW50-4t | 13.13 | Gianelli Citypower | 3.2Nm@6000rpm | 3.0pk@6700rpm
    Home made engine dyno

Edjuh
    Bijdrager

They don’t match but it’ll run nice though, there’s the auxiliary ports in the piston to help get the juice from A to B.

And as said before you can always grind your way to perfection.

pink floyd
    Topic starter

Thanks guys, I had been looking at pictures of the speed engine and I could see the port openings in the Polini crankcase were alot different to the ones in the bottom of my Malossi64.5.
    I don’t mind doing some milling, I had to do loads of work to my standard crankcase to make the Malossi ports match up good,
    but this crankcase is in a poor state and I would like to start again with a new speed engine.
    So you think it will be posible to match the Malossi to the Polini, I didn’t want to get one sent over to the U.K. and it didn’t work, shipping cost’s are high!!

5 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 5 (van in totaal 5)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.