simonini clutch bell (coupling)

Home Forums English General questions simonini clutch bell (coupling)

This topic contains 8 reacties, has 6 deelnemers, and was last updated by bonsaismith 11 years, 11 months geleden.

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)
  • Gebruiker

bonsaismith
    Topic starter

has anyone used one of these? mine burnt up my clutch shoes in a matter of minutes. am i doing something wrong? check the pictures:

vespa-si-owner
    Bijdrager

clutch spings to tight?

pepko
    Donateur

how did it drive? it looks to me like the clutch slipped badly.

what clutch springs are you using?
    and aren’t your shoes to light?

gr. pepko

Piet30
    Donateur

I use the Simo bell with standard clutch shoes and standard springs. Runs perfect. 😀

vespa-si-owner
    Bijdrager

It must be slipping. Friction is the only reason for the heat.
    perhaps you can figur out when the cluch is slipping?

bonsaismith
    Topic starter

i used the black malossi clutch springs. here’s the thing. i’ve used these clutch shoes and clutch springs on the stock vespa clutch housing on a 65cc DR kit and it worked great. the bike that i put the simonini bell on was a 90cc simonini kit…so i’d assume that the engine could overcome tight springs. maybe i need to try the stock vespa clutch shoes. we’ll see

Docs
    Donateur

The black springs are the weakest ones of the Malossi set. From weak to strong: black->yellow->white.

bonsaismith
    Topic starter

I know the black are the weakest springs, so it should have had no problem grabbing. I’m trying to figure out if anyone has used the malossi clutch shoes in the Simonini bell and if it worked

niek1992
    Bijdrager

the simonini clutch slips a little more than a stock clutch. plus the fact that you used malossi clutch shoes and stronger springs. i think the combination just did it. Look at the blue heat marks on the clutch. that’s a lot of friction it got!

9 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 9 (van in totaal 9)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.