Rotary disc attachement

Home Forums English General questions Rotary disc attachement

This topic contains 5 reacties, has 3 deelnemers, and was last updated by Crullie 9 years, 4 months geleden.

6 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 6 (van in totaal 6)
  • Gebruiker

Piet30
    Topic starter

Hi, does somebody know how the rotary disc in a rotary vane engine is fixed on the krukas?

I think it is very difficult as the rotary disc need to sit exact in right position to open and close the inlet.
    Also I do not see any space on our standard krukas to fix the disc. Is there maybe a special krukas needed?

MarcoS
    Donateur

If you look in the topic, Crullie had one..
    You have too drill a hole inn the crank where you must fix the special nut…
    Look under roterende inlaat bevestiging there you can find it 😉

Crullie
    Donateur

Just a ori crankschaft will do, you need a special bearing SKF-explorer 6003-2RSH / C3.

Don’t mind the centerbold, its not needed.

First you press the disc-holder in the bearing, then press bearing with disc-holder around the crankshaft in the only right way :! Timing is considerable in this move.

The lower foto it is Top Dead Center done the ride way but a few degrees tolerance depending your own cilinder-timing is possible.

:thumb Succes Ralph

TICKLING BARN

Piet30
    Topic starter

wow, thanks for the infos. :thumb

But how is it possible to get the right inlet timing?
    I think it is difficult to set the assembled disc-holder with bearing on the krukas without having a degree reference. 😐

Crullie
    Donateur

Difficult to say the exact degree number’s offcourse, depending the stroke, cilinder-timing, cc’s, carb,, muffler, ignition settings and the fact that there are different disc’s with different inlet periods, but this system will work without knowing the numbers.

Inportent is that one of the 6 points from the disc-holder is exactly in-line with the center of the big-end, then you have only find the one of 12 position’s from the disc like on the foto to have the right timing.

I promise you, it will work just fine.

Do you see the centerpoint’s all in line with top dead center ? this is the way to mark de disc and disc-holder for the next assembling.

TICKLING BARN

Piet30
    Topic starter

aah, thanks Crullie, very good advice :thumb

6 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 6 (van in totaal 6)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.