Engine won't start when hot

Home Forums Techniek Motorisch Engine won't start when hot

This topic contains 1 reactie, has 2 deelnemers, and was last updated by niek1992 4 years, 10 months geleden.

2 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 2 (van in totaal 2)
  • Gebruiker

LSL
    Topic starter

Help…
    My setup:
    Malossi 43mm w. Malossi head
    13/13 Dellorto w. Polini filter
    Main jet 68
    Proma Circuit exhaust
    Malossi Vario
    Pull start
    Complete new original contact point ignition(new condensator, inner coil, outer coil wires, contact point…)
    2% two stroke oil.

– starts og and rund very well.

…but will not start at all when engine/sparkplug is hot.

Normally I run with NGK B8HS. When the engine is cold it starts right away and runs perfectly. But if I stop the engine and try to start again, it won’t start at all, not untill the engine has cooled down.

Changing the spark plug or waiting until the old one has cooled down, will make it start again – as easy as before.

Changing to a B7HS doesn’t change a thing, the problem remains.

Furthermore the spark plugs only last approximately 100 -200 km…

It seems like the problem started when changing from a no name 43mm cylinder to the Malossi 43 mm cylinder.

Any suggestions???IMG_20190602_214321

niek1992
    Bijdrager

Although it’s colour is “koffiebruin” there are some white spots on the central electrode indicating too hot sparkplug.. Did you change the jet to a larger one? And have you checked if the head was absolutely 100% flat? is there a headgasket in between or not? What’s the current squish? a sparkplug should last longer than 100km.

A B7HS is a hotter sparkplug, since you can’t start your engine when it’s hot maybe try a colder one. But only do this if you’ve checked the things i’ve mentioned earlier.

2 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 2 (van in totaal 2)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.