Silencer for Proma CC

Home Forums English General questions Silencer for Proma CC

This topic contains 9 reacties, has 4 deelnemers, and was last updated by sx3-swe 4 years, 9 months geleden.

10 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 10 (van in totaal 10)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Hi Guys,

Been running with the new generation Proma CC for a while. It’s a good performing exhaust.
    However, i think you agree that the stock silencer is almost like empty redbull can.
    It’s pretty loud!

I’m in search for a good replacement silencer, do you guys have any tip for me?
    From what I’ve read, the Polini exhaust are quite loud aswell? So I guess buying a polini Silencer won’t shut her up?

I’ve found this silencer in Sweden, the lower one in the picture, number (inside) are Proma original.
    Total Length 240 mm.
    Silencer length 205 mm. (180)
    Diameter 60 mm. (45)
    Connection 18 mm. (18)

Only thing is, it costs 120€, I’m looking for a cheaper solotion.. Anyone have suggestions? 🙂
    The bigger one is a JollyMoto, a bit too big. 🙂

silencer

Dustin
    Bijdrager

I’d go for a used 65/85cc dirtbike silencer. Works like a charm. A refurbished leovince silencer also works just fine, but might be harder to get over there. Painting the expansion chamber in a thick coat and completely wrapping it in heat tape works the best though, if i remember correctly @wilk1985 tried this too. My experience is that it greatly reduces noise.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks! The 65/85cc silencers normally “bolt on” with 18mm connection?

Dustin
    Bijdrager

They aren’t bolt on, i remember @ktmgek modified one for his malossi too bad.

Edit: i see he used a 50cc one

niek1992
    Bijdrager

When i still drove with expansion exhausts for example the Top One, or the SP i used a silencer from a Leovince Circuit. This comes with a rubber connection piece (effictively eliminating the oil splatter on your rim) and uses flange-like mounting mechanism. This way you can interchange the muffler (given the same diameter).

The clamp that you can freely move around on the muffler is also nice since you can like it up with the hole in your frame. Here’s an image of the Leovince Circuit. If you’re able to get the flange adapter and the clamp, you can get any muffler as long as it has the right diameter. And if you’re skilled enough you could make a clamp yourself (or refit a aftermarket one, as long as you can clamp it down it’s good).

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks guys!
    The dirt bike could be an option, even though I’m looking for a more bolt-on option.

I read about using the Leovince silencers, however they are not easy to find.. And finding just the flange is even harder I think. 🙁 But I’ll keep my eye open and see if I find any.

coda
    Donateur

I drive with a Leovinci silencer on my Ciao with Proma, this makes a difference but it is still pretty loud.
    On my Honda MB 125 cc moped, which has a Proma as well, I fabricated a longer silencer, this works effectively.
    This Proma has the same diameter as the Proma on a Ciao.
    I fitted it once on the Ciao and then it’s quite silent.
    You can saw it off to the desired lenght.

The only thing you have to do is lengthen the perforated tube which is inside the silencer, the caps will fit since it’s the same diameter.

I bought the pipe here ( which is actually a support strut for a table )

https://www.praxis.nl/badkamer-keuken-wonen/meubelen/meubelpoten/duraline-meubelpoot-rond-rvs-6x42cm/5139633

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks for the info!
    Anyone know what diamter and length the Leovince silencer is? Is 60mm diameter?

coda
    Donateur

It’s 30 cm and 60 mm diameter

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks man! 🙂
    30cm + end tip, or 25cm silencer + 5cm end tip?

10 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 10 (van in totaal 10)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.