New Ciao (Porter) Owner has just arrived

Home Forums English Pub talk New Ciao (Porter) Owner has just arrived

This topic contains 6 reacties, has 6 deelnemers, and was last updated by Wilk1985 7 years, 10 months geleden.

7 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 7 (van in totaal 7)
  • Gebruiker

zultan32
    Topic starter

Hi,

I’m Till from Germany. I already introduced myself in the German Forum,
    but I wanted to introduce myself to all non German speakers too.
    http://vespa-ciao.nl/forums.php?m=posts&q=37058
    I’m 26 years old, and I just bought a Ciao Moped with a 40 kmh license and a Ciao Porter.
    Acutally I’m from the camp Zündapp, but you never forget your first love.
    My first Mofa (25 km/h license) was a Piaggio Ciao which I restored together with my father when I was 14.
    When I don’t tinker at my Zündapps, I work at my Barkas B1000 Bus (3cylinder 2stroke engine, made in GDR) or at my Fiat 126.

Since I already read a lot about exploding clutches (is clutch the right word ? in German it’s called Wandler), I want the best clutch for the vario of my Ciao Porter. We have a lot of steep roads, so I need a “little bit” more power for my porter.

Here a two pictures and a video
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev3ys2hmwwyjboy/CiaoPorter2.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/seyrj9q5nqpzjfi/CiaoPorter3.jpg?dl=0

Greetings Till

frenkschultenciao
    Bijdrager

You can upgrade your front-variator to a faster one like malossi or polini speedcontrol. But i think that only works in combination with a faster cylinder of exhaust.

Noetiepoerker26
    Donateur

No, a malossi/polini variator will always give you an increase in acceleration and topspeed. As far as the clutch bell is concerned, I believe you can either contact [user=Lennaert]Lennaert[/user] or [user=Gab_pei]Gab_pei[/user] for a reinforced clutch bell. You don’t need to use it as long as you’re using a more or less standard setup. As the top RPM of the setup increases, the centrifugal forces on the clutch bell will start to increase as well, eventually resulting in a desintegrated clutch bell (and probably the rest of the transmission as well)

ritze
    Bijdrager

also the ciao porter has a huge transmission ratio up to 1/14 , or maybe 1/15
    so with a malossi var you dont want to go over 65 km/h.

but in normal situations its not a problem, i have normal clutch bell, with 80km/h

De budget beun tjoener: geen geld is te duur of het werkt nog niet
    Link naar Mijn collectie / Projecten.

zultan32
    Topic starter

The ciao porter usually has a transmission ratio of 1/18.
    According to the former owner, he mounted a transmission from a Swiss Post Piaggio SI Moped,
    which has also a 1:18 transmission ratio.
    We have a very steep road here, it has 18% rise !
    My goal is that I can drive there with my Ciao Porter.
    For that I thought about the 108mm pulley, what else do you recommend for more torque ?
    I already have a never used engine with a 70cc cylinder, 13/13 caburator and big inlet from the good old times when I was 15.
    I want to mount that in my porter, to get a bit more power.
    Or would you recommend a complete new setup, which setup give’s the most torque ?

Vespaatje
    Donateur

You could try your (43mm) 70cc cylinder with your 1:18 transmission.
    If that isn’t enough to get uphill you could try an 46mm cylinder, 46mm cylinders give a lot more torque.

Wilk1985

Hello and welcome to this forum.

I like your porter, and am interested in the Barkas as well as they are also 2stroked :).

If your engine is not running at really high RPM i would not worry too much about the exploding clutch, just dont rev it in a crazy way.. But if you want to be sure you can find the fortified clutch bells at our “te koop” section.

I think your porter would do perfectly with you 70cc engine.

Keep on tuning :).

7 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 7 (van in totaal 7)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.