Malossi MHR Engine Runs Really Bad

Home Forums English Pub talk Malossi MHR Engine Runs Really Bad

This topic contains 30 reacties, has 7 deelnemers, and was last updated by zevenenergie 8 years, 2 months geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 31)
  • Gebruiker

Coopering
    Bijdrager

You need no new cylinder. The malossi 46,5 is very underrated.
    I have nearly the same setup:

The mayor part is the setting and to find the right exhaust and transmittion. The 13mm is too small, take the 19mm carb. Vespa moped engines aren’t just plug and play. You have to invest a lot of time and experience to get an good engine.

I drive the original crankshaft, in my opinion the best.

Good luck!

Millen
    Topic starter

Well then i have to test with the 19mm carb and put a new exhaust on and then se if its a difference. I just really dont want to spend more money on this engine if its the same with the 19mm carb. Then i can buy a speed engine thats way more brutal than this engine. Im so sick of this shit. Maybe ill buy the new simonini instead.

ritze
    Bijdrager

A malossi reedvalve with a 13.13 is the same as a ford mustang with a 2.0 L 4 cilinder

That engine needs a 17.5 + carb. Then youll be fine
    And if you don’t want to buy and modify a carb youll be better of with a polini speed engine

De budget beun tjoener: geen geld is te duur of het werkt nog niet
    Link naar Mijn collectie / Projecten.

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

I understand that you’re disappointed.
    But sometime,s it needs a littel love and attention.

Disappointment and frustration are just a form of enegie.
    To transform that energy into powerful mandate is the great art of life.

Actually your not tuning that engine, you are tunning yourself.
    Can you see the metaphor?

Fredzzz

Can you post a video of you riding the bike? It would be interesting to hear the (lack of) power distribution.

Also, it sounds like your carb isn’t properly fine tuned in the video. As Martino said, maybe downsize the jet (try 68-72).

The exhaust isn’t helping your case: try a different exhaust.

In my opinion, a 13/13 runs fine on a Malossi Reed Valve engine, as long as it’s set up properly and with all the right components.

Millen
    Topic starter

Yes its really dissapointing to have an engine that costs much dollars that runs like an originaly tuned ciao. I mean you really can feel when its no power. When i first had my first ever polini 46mm culinderkit on iether the speed engine or the evolution you could directly feeel the power but this is all powerless. I maybe thought that there could be any problems with the reeds but i dont know. Ill buy the 19mm carb and then try it.

Martino
    Bijdrager

As dissapointing it may seem. Don’t get your hopes up for everlasting brutal power! Last meeting here in Holland i’ve settled the highest score with Polini SE + little worked Polini 46mm and 16mm SHA carb. It had even not the best exhaust(Fresco Limited)at the time, but it was faster then all the Malossi MP setup’s.

http://www.vespa-ciao.nl/forums.php?m=posts&q=36222

But first downjet this carb to see some difference.

Coopering
    Bijdrager

Sometimes you just have luck an an engine runs from the beginning pretty good. But often you have to just have to keep doing.

Martino, how long does your setup hold until it got broken? I don’t think the polini 46 is an good advice. I have seen and my little brother had the broken piston…

But there are many good setups and you can have luck or even not.t

Millen
    Topic starter

It seems that the malossi Full round shaft is no good for this Engine? What shaft should i have for the malossi engine. And what shaft for the polini evolution engine and whats the diffrence. I have never seen that there ar something called half round cranklshaft. I have always believed that there only was the originally ones and the full round Malossi and i thougt that the mazzuchelli was a full round but now i see on pictures thats it half round. So now i thinking that the malossi shaft is the problem because someone told me that it will not open much when full round for the gasoline. Like its closed ports? So what shaft for the malossi engine?

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

The mallossischaft you have is the perfect crankschaft for this engine.:relax

Millen
    Topic starter

I need to take the engine out and try with an original shaft or an half round shaft.

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

Why?:?

ritze
    Bijdrager

:smack

malossi crank is perfect, if you have the 2010 elec version you might have probrems with a “halfround“ crankshaft.
    i had to modify the depth where the bearing sits, because the crank sat too tight

just try that 19mm carb and youll be fine

we know what we do over here dont worry, check some perso`s with reedvalve engines like mine

page 10 ritze perso

page 14 ritze perso

De budget beun tjoener: geen geld is te duur of het werkt nog niet
    Link naar Mijn collectie / Projecten.

Martino
    Bijdrager

What where the results with a smaller yet?

A Malossi crank in Malossi carters is a perfect match. Maybe a Mazzucchelli crank will have the problem of narrow flow for the mixture, but a Malossi crank has it’s cheeks specialy made wider. Mazzucchelli 11mm, Malossi 16mm. But even with a Mazzucchelli crank it must run smooth.

The difference between full round and half round cranks is shown below.

full round

half round

@Coopering; I still made a couple of thousand kms on it, around 3000 actually. When it was finally dead it looked like this.

Millen
    Topic starter

no need to worry bout that engine anymore. I will smash the shit up. Or sell it in pieces. Ill buy a non problem setup. A brand new polini speedenge.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 31)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.