Malossi DEPS '19 wont start

Home Forums English General questions Malossi DEPS '19 wont start

This topic contains 33 reacties, has 8 deelnemers, and was last updated by sx3-swe 7 months, 1 week geleden.

4 berichten aan het bekijken - 31 tot 34 (van in totaal 34)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

An Update after some elaboration.. I replaced the gasket and float bowl and in the meantime changed the JET to 92. After reassemble, turning on the fuel-cock filles the whole fuel line and the float bowl. As a matter of fact, it filles so mch that it even came out fuel from the venting holes on top of carb.

It started on the 2nd pull with choke (this is good!!!) and it settled the idle much better/faster than earlier.
    I sprayed to find any leaks, but no leaks appeard. So I took her for a 12km ride and she ran really nice actually.. When coming back home I notice that the idle is a bit high and doesn’t realy settle (not as bad as earlier, but still a little bit of lag.)

I also noticed that the fuel-line is 90% air and 10% fuel, never managed to get the air evacuate either back to the tank or to the carburator, but I felt like is runs smoother if pushed the air away from the carb and had fuel closest to it.

If I empty the fuel line from fuel, then put it back and turn on the fuel cock, no fuel enters the line.
    Not even if I remove the tank-lid, so no vacuum problem in the tank.
    In the movies, the fuel line is long, I have after the videos shortened it to shortest possible, still the same problem.

So either it’s rust and dirt makingpressure from the tank too low, or the carburator doesn’t suck enough fuel. I filled the tank up to the top to see if the pressure increased, but it didn’t, the hose is still all air.
    But if I disconnect the hose from carb, I can get a fuel flow.
    It took about 15 minutes to full the first 1,5L bottle, and 15 minutes for the last bottle (not full).
    You can see the flow in the video, bottle number 2 was slower.

I took off the fuel cock and realised that the filter on normal circuit is missing, and on the reserve the filter wasn’t tight against the brass-pipe. (luckily I always run on reserve, so atleast it was semi-filtred.

I used pressure-air and blew in to the lower hole, but nothing came out from the top hole, I was hoping atleast a slurry or some rust would come out. Anyway, I filled the tank again with the last bottle and drained it again, this time “tomato juice” came out.. (see the picture).

So next step is to clean the tank, install a new fuel cock and clean the carburator..
    Is the flow from the fuel cock sufficent? Why do I have 90% trapped air the hose?

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 1 year, 5 months geleden door sx3-swe.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Right bottle is from the first emptying of the tank.
    Left bottle is after I used compressed air in the tank. And refilled with used petrol and drained again.20200702_213855

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 1 year, 5 months geleden door sx3-swe.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Tank is almost cleaned, used degreaser first and flushed it.
    After that Citric Acid in the tank for 36h followed by a good flush. At first it was Semi-good flow, after a couple of litres the flow increased and the tank swallowed almost full capacity of the hose.

No I have put a dishwasher tablet to neutralize the remainings of the Acid, will leave it for a couple of hours before flushing again.

Last step is to fill upp with red alcohol/ethanol to bind the remainings of the water.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Didn’t manage to get rid of the false air / idle issue last year.. So I have split the carter and remade the gasket, hopefully this will solve the high idle issue.. Running 92 JET, so it can’t be a problem with that.
    Interestering to see if there’s still a vacuum issue with air in the hose.

Also overtightened the top manifold screw last year, to I need to re-thread it, will go for M7 or M8 instead of M6.processed

4 berichten aan het bekijken - 31 tot 34 (van in totaal 34)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.