Malossi DEPS '19 wont start

Home Forums English General questions Malossi DEPS '19 wont start

This topic contains 25 reacties, has 8 deelnemers, and was last updated by Patman 2 weeks geleden.

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 26 (van in totaal 26)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Tried original ignition today, still not starting while “bicycling” on both stand and for real.
    The Malossi nut is 24mm, so I need to get a drill adapter for 3/4″.

I was thinking if anyone ever had problem with the position of crankshaft-key beeing offset, hence spark is coming in the worng time?

Tomorrow I go and buy adapter for drill and ignition-strobe-gun.

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 2 weeks, 2 days geleden door sx3-swe.

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

I have runned with it, bicycled it, down a slope.. nothing… T

So not up slope?
    Can you make a youtube movie in whits you try to start it running up, a slope?
    So we can al see what that looks like 😉

Just kidding :mrgreen:

I think the strobe is a good idee.
    It could also be that your crankshaft is wrongly timed.
    I hope you find it soon. Succes
    Keep us informed. ➡

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 2 weeks, 2 days geleden door zevenenergie.

Martino
    Bijdrager

“I was thinking if anyone ever had problem with the position of crankshaft-key beeing offset, hence spark is coming in the worng time?”

Yes as a matter of fact, Herr Flick had a similar problem, would start though, but wasn’t performing as expected.

Herr FlicK’s Special (Schijfrem, kickstart reedvalve & foxvario)

Many pages of this problem and somewhere on page 114 of his perso he finally found the cranktap was turned opposed to the crankcheek. In his case there was a 10° offset.

Herr Flick
    Sleutelbeheerder

But isnt a malossi crankshaft made out of 1 piece? So turning is not an option.

46 Pinasco, Malossi RV, Schijfrem, Fox Vario
    Gele Racefrikandel

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

@zeven I think a video of me running at all would be funny enough 😉

@martino, thanks, will read it tonight!

@Herr Flick,  you are correct, I was thinking if something went wrong in the factory and the key was positioned wrongly. But most likely they use a jig to get the position right every time, so it’s a long shot but Malossi have made poor quality before. 🙂

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

@zeven I think a video of me running at all would be funny enough 😉

Okay, I settle for that.

I recently adjusted the conical part for someone because the flywheel hit the coils and the crankcase, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something wrong with it.

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 2 weeks, 1 day geleden door zevenenergie.

Chaos824
    Bijdrager

hello there mate. You haven’t tried to grease or oil the crank bearings by any chance have you?

It can be that this causes extra resistance and could stop the pedals being able to start the moped.

When you had it stripped did the crank move as freely as it did when it came out the box??

Certainly worth a check for the sake of 3 head nuts!! I bought a second hand polini evo engine with this issue. I think it was dried out gearbox oil on the bearings maybe, it was 100% gunk anyhow. I Could turn it by hand with no issues but when it was in the moped, the variator clutch shoes hit the bell and everything just locked up…

It was points ignition though, same in principle.

Really hope you get this sorted. Need more nice ciao in the UK!

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Alright a small update!

My local junkshop didn’t have the strobe in stock today so I went home empty handed.
    I realized I have a pullstart for my other Ciao somwhere, so I went up on the attic and looked for it and installed it.
    The results were the same, nothing happened, tried 2 spark plugs and checked the spark, looked good.

I decided to open up the carb to check the JET’s again, they were the same as last check.. nothing had magically changed in there, I cleaned up with brake-cleaner and put it together again.
    Set both air and Idle screw to 1,5 turn from bottom.

While the carb was off, I remembered having another VL8 membraan, NOS in the attic so I took that one instead.

Also, I saw that the throttle was 1/4 open, so I released the pre-tension of the throttle-wire.

while doing all other stuff I took off the decompression cable, just in case it was leaking due to tension on the cable/spring.

After 3 pulls, it started (!!!).. My problem now is my wife…..

Since raining outside I was standing inside the house, never thought it would start to be honest, but it did!
    Even though I was happy it started I panicked a bit, since no decomp cable I could’t turn it off, ran back in the garage and get something to press the decomp.

Now it smells 2-stroke inside, me happy, wife angry – just as usual!
    Will look more into it tomorrow, OUTSIDE!

I have celebrated by ordering a new 27mm exhasut. A Fabrizi Evolution(racing?) replica made by MDM Marri.

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 2 weeks, 1 day geleden door sx3-swe.

Martino
    Bijdrager

The wife and 2-stroke often don’t mix, but your petrol and oil will mix without any problems. Luckily it starts now and you can go on and finish this build. Is the Malossi Power Ignition coming back aswell? The Marmitta Di Marri Evolution is a great exhaust, you can’t go wrong there, but don’t you need a 28mm Flange?

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Haha, thats true.

Yes, the power ignition goes back on soon.
    MDM builds the exhaust on order, so I told him I want one for the DEPS 2019, hopefully it works with the 27mm DEPS flange. I’ve seen some youtubers with same setup so he can’t be that unfamiliar with the DEPS 😀

Patman
    Bijdrager

🙂

• Deze reactie is gewijzigd 2 weeks geleden door Patman.
11 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 26 (van in totaal 26)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.