Is this motor with marking  D9x7 restricted to 25km/h

Home Forums English General questions Is this motor with marking  D9x7 restricted to 25km/h

This topic contains 10 reacties, has 8 deelnemers, and was last updated by Wilk1985 5 years, 7 months geleden.

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)
  • Gebruiker

Nikos
    Topic starter

Somebody gave me this motor with electronic ignition cdi and with code D9x7 on the motor and i would like to know if it is restricted to 25km/h before i put it on.  The motor has a code starting with C242M 00*****, it also has an intake opening of 10mm and a piston pin of maybe 9 or10mm, not sure because i could not take it out.

I managed to take out the flywheel by hands (i do not know if there is something wrong with it because i read a special tool is needed) and it is 1360 grams.

I have google searched allover but i can not find any info except one reference in this forum where it says ” Voor mix carters geld; Lees je d9x7 = snor, d11,5×7,5 = brom. ” which after translating in english i do not understand. What does snor and brom mean and what does the code D9x7 stand for ?

Any help please ?

Piaggio Si

ritze
    Bijdrager

Snor is moustache moped, idiot name but yeah we live in Holland, and it’s made to go 25kmh,

Brom, is a 45 kmh moped and it means to sound like a humming noise like broken transformator or something,
    I know it’s really confusing but the 9 type engine would be a snor (25) and the 11.5 would be a brom (45)

It also means that the inlet timing is different and the crankshaft is different  a snor crank has a shorter window Of timing and it wil open and close a lot sooner then a brom engine and crank. Check krukas bewerken,, with means modifying the crankshaft

De budget beun tjoener: geen geld is te duur of het werkt nog niet
    Link naar Mijn collectie / Projecten.

sx3-swe
    Bijdrager

SOrry for borrowing the thread, is there any difference in cylinder ports or piston-pin between Snor/Brom?

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

No.The cilinders and te pistons are the same. The piston pins are for both engines mostly10 mm. But come also in 12 mm.

Nikos
    Topic starter

@ritze
    Thanks for your reply, Now it is all clear to me, so D9x7 engine is  restricted up to 25km/h which is not in my interest. By the way do you or anybody else know if the flywheel on this D9x7 engine comes off just by hands, as i did, or there might be something wrong with it and does not fit right ? Also what does D9x7 and D11,5×7,5 represent ? is it the size of something on the engine ?
    Thanks again

Piaggio Si

coda
    Donateur

If the flywheel has been taken off and put back but not been driven after that, then it’s possible to take it off with your hands.

Martino
    Bijdrager

Porting and layout is different between snor/brom. Snor has smaller ports.

ritze
    Bijdrager

Check flywheel for any abrasion and the ” spie” has to be intact
    Snor cilinder is different than a brom cillinder

De budget beun tjoener: geen geld is te duur of het werkt nog niet
    Link naar Mijn collectie / Projecten.

Nikos
    Topic starter

Thank you all guys for your help and quick replies. This is an excellent forum.

Piaggio Si

jacekniemiec
    Bijdrager

Hello You All !
    maby simmilar story ..  I have two ciao mix – one run like devil and second one goes max 25 km/ h  plus is not keeping slow ‘parking’ rpm – engine is stopping after few second of  ideling. Carburator was cleaned with ultrasonic cleaner, ( I try carb from the first ciao mix – no change ) .
    I try diffirent back weel (diffirent hubs) – also no change.
    Can that be the the CDI ? Or something else ?
    All the best !
    Jacek

Wilk1985

Hello Jacek,

Probably your krukaskeerring (gasket) is leaking or the engine is breathing air from somewhere.

To me it sounds like some gasket problem and not a problem with your CDI.

Please open a new thread so we can thoroughly investigate your problem,

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.