Drive belt width Fox clutch

Home Forums English General questions Drive belt width Fox clutch

This topic contains 6 reacties, has 5 deelnemers, and was last updated by Piet30 10 years, 3 months geleden.

7 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 7 (van in totaal 7)
  • Gebruiker

Piet30
    Topic starter

Hi,
    I just tried to find a drive belt for using a Fox clutch in combination with Malossi MuVa.

If I use the standard belt width of 13mm my max. outer diameter on the Fox clutch is about 97mm when the clutch discs are complete closed.

Is it possible to use a 15mm width belt in combination with the MuVa?

misterd11
    Bijdrager

yes you can drive with a 15mm width belt! Good luck!!

niek1992
    Bijdrager

jup, you can. but you’ll notice that the drive-belt isn’t exactly on the lowest point at the malossi variator.

TJOEP
    Donateur

Or consider to make the width of the drive pully smaller in a controlled manner. E.g. With a mould in the vise or hydraulic press

Javad
    Donateur

I am using a 16mm belt in combination with a Minarelli vario. I’ve made a slightly longer “glijbus” so the belt gets to the lowest point in the variator.
    pm me if you want pictures or anything.

<3 Thunderstone
    Check mijn perso!

TJOEP
    Donateur

Javad :
    I am using a 16mm belt in combination with a Minarelli vario. I’ve made a slightly longer “glijbus” so the belt gets to the lowest point in the variator. pm me if you want pictures or anything.

The fact that you’re using a Minarelli vario is already worth showing the pictures here, or in a sticky.
    I’m actually very interested to see them. The Fox clutch and drive pully also fits a Minarelli axle and vis a versa. So it may open up new opportunities…

Piet30
    Topic starter

it has nothing to do with the belt width but maybe is interesting. I bought a Malossi variator for Minarelli engine. Outer diameter of the vario is 97mm.

I used a back disc from Motoforce and milled the cooling ribs away.

Then milled the anti turn safety profile from a Ciao Malossi Multivar bush into the Motoforce disc.

After that grinded the bush profile into the 97mm Malossi variator roller plate.

Then checked with a standard 13mm vario drive belt. Related to the krukas thread length there is enough thread length left for using a 15mm or 16mm width drive belt. 😀

7 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 7 (van in totaal 7)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.