Ciao model

Home Forums Techniek Vario Ciao model

This topic contains 13 reacties, has 3 deelnemers, and was last updated by LSL 5 years, 9 months geleden.

14 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 14 (van in totaal 14)
  • Gebruiker

LSL
    Topic starter

Hi, I just bought a Ciao. I believe it is from 1994(letter “K” in vin). I need to find som missing spares, so i hope you can help me identify the model. It has 4 spoke aloy wheels, rear light on the carrier and square head light. How do i find out if it was born with fixed gear or Vario? I only have parts of the clutch. It has 3 shoes. Hopefully someone in here can help me.

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

Congratulations on your purchase. We need some more information to be able to help.

When we know your chassis number we can estimate the building year with great certainty. If you wish you can replace the last number with a “X”.

Furthermore, if you can share some photos someone can help you determine the exact model.

LSL
    Topic starter

Hi,

Thanks. I have got this VIN: WVV-33259-X DK-K-027.
    Id behind the chain cover is: DGM19800 OM C7E2T

But I just noticed that the platsic side cover is flat at the back, so i guess it is born with fixed ratio.

/lenn

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

Is there a number behind the C7E2T? That’s the number we’re looking for.

LSL
    Topic starter

No. Only dots ๐Ÿ™‚

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

That makes it a bit more difficult. I Recommend posting some pictures in this topic (click). Other members can make a very good guess (if the Ciao is still original).
    Someone just pointed out to me that there is a number in the rims that might tell the age, again, if the rims are original.

Wilk1985

Thats strange, i have never seen something like this. It looks like this is a spare frame that never had a VIN beaten in it, probably because it was made to replace another frame and then have the numbers beaten in it from the frame it was meant to replace.

I do not know about the rules in you country but i am pretty sure it is illegal to drive like this in any EU country. In Holland it will not be possible to insure it or even get a license plate without numbers.

Your Ciao is from somewhere between 1980 tot 1994, but it is very hard to tell exactly without a number or a picture of the moped.

LSL
    Topic starter

The other number, starting with Wxxx beside the engine cover is the number used for identification here in Denmark. “W” is the country code for Denmark, followed by 2 letters, which is the Danish moped import companys initials. In my case it’sย WVV-33259-X DK-K-027. According to the Danish import year list, the letter “K” stands for either 1973 or 1994. Each letter is reused with approx. 20 years in between. So I have come the the conclusion, that it must be from 1994.
    It is easy to see the difference between the letters and the number, as the letters has been stamped into the frame by the import company. I will upload a picture of the number asap 🙂

LSL
    Topic starter

BTW: In Denmark old mopeds from before 2006 don’t have numberplates, only ensurance. Maybe Denmark is the only country using the number beside the engine cover as VIN? Do Ciaos in NL even have a number there?

LSL
    Topic starter

Wilk1985

I understand, it looks like the Danish situation is like the situation in Holland before 2005. I must say i liked that better than todays hassle with number plates and registrations ๐Ÿ™‚

A Dutch moped does not have the number you have on that side, we use the C7E2T XXXXXXX with the X between the dots of course.

I would also guess 1994 then, definately not 1973.

LSL
    Topic starter

๐Ÿ™‚ In Denmark old mopeds doesn’t have to be registrered anywhere, except at the insurance company. So no number plates on old mopeds, – not even now. I also have a Honda Amigo (PF50), – and buy a lot of spares in NL. Once i bought a front fender from NL as well, – and where a bit surprised seeing the number plate holder on the front fender ๐Ÿ™‚

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

We only need a license plate on the rear fender. Are you sure it is a front fender?

LSL
    Topic starter

Oh… Maybe it were from Belgium?

14 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 14 (van in totaal 14)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.