Axle-to-axle difference between Ciao and SI

Home Forums English General questions Axle-to-axle difference between Ciao and SI

This topic contains 10 reacties, has 5 deelnemers, and was last updated by AA-T 5 years, 2 months geleden.

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)
  • Gebruiker

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Hello,

Anyone who owns both a standard Ciao P AND a SI who can help me with measurment?

I’d like to know the measurment between Crankshaft axle and variomatic axle.
    Ciao Snaar with 100mm pulley = 975mm
    SI snaar with 100mm pulley = 1150

1150-975/2 = 87,5mm

Is it correct that SI length between axles are 87,5mm longar than Ciao P?

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

No one have the answer? 🙂

Herr Flick
    Sleutelbeheerder

You have to know the units you are describing are the belt lengths. So you cannot say the length will be 87mm more.

I can measure the length from crankshaft to gearbox for you. But I don’t own a Si.

46 Pinasco, Malossi RV, Schijfrem, Fox Vario
    Gele Racefrikandel

Seru.ch
    Bijdrager

The axle-to-axle difference at Si is 470mm.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Anyone have the Axle-to-axle for Ciao? tried to measure my frame and the Cadded engine and if I’m not mistaken, axle-to-axle on Ciao should be 375mm.

That would result in that SI is 95mm longer than Ciao P, if Seru.ch measurments on SI are correct.

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

How accurate do these measurements need to be? And just because I’m curious, why do you need to know this?

Unfortunately I’m unable to measure it for you. But looking at this, and performing the same calculation you did the outcome varies between 86.5 (pulley 60/65) and 97.5 (pulley 95).

The difference in the angle of the belt, caused by the difference in the distance of the axles explains why the outcomes vary. So it’s not an exact science.

If the measurements need to be very accurate it’s also very important to know in what position the engine is for both the Ciao and Si. Because you can move the engine to the front or back.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

They don’t need to be scientific, but if theyr’e in the ballpark I’m happy. 🙂
    Everything goes back to my project, with the “Doria Clutch” and Minarelli front variator both beeing adapted for 17mm belts, I will need to find a proper belt.

However, it seem to be a mission impossible to find a belt with correct length, width, height and angle to fit this setup bolt on and perfect. I have been in contact with Continental and all other other major manufacturer regarding correct belt and only BANDO are able to get me a belt, however it would be a special made to order belt that costs 50€ + taxes for each belt and minimum quantity was 10 pcs and it’s 20 weeks delivery time for the belts.

Fo the SI version Ciao, there is a belt from Malossi, originally made for the Honda Wallaroo that have a correct spec, so my plan is to make my Ciao tail longer, so that I can fit the Wallaroo belt. And with the HP the Minarelli engine will provide, I’ll guess it’s not a bad idea making the bike a bit longer so that I can place my fat ass more in the middle, rather on top of rear wheel.

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder

There should be plenty of automotive companies able to help you 🤔 Belts are (or used to be) made with a large width (let’s say 1 meter) and cut to size afterwards. For instance this company still does:
    https://duursma.nl/producten/aandrijftechniek/omspannen-aandrijvingen

I also know there are belts in existence you can weld together yourself. Provided you have the tools to do so, which is most unlikely. However, if these belts exist there should also be companies who use them. But finding one that’s willing to help you would probably be a headache. Nonetheless I thought it was worth mentioning it.
    https://eriks.nl/nl/producten/mechanische-aandrijftechniek/compleet-leveringsprogramma/lasbare-rond-en-v-riemen/

I don’t know if the URLs provided are of any use to you as they’re in Dutch, but Google translate goes a long way 😉

That being said, your solution should make for a very interesting build that I would love to see. Good luck!

zevenenergie
    Forum Goeroe

https://eriks.nl/nl/producten/mechanische-aandrijftechniek/compleet-leveringsprogramma/lasbare-rond-en-v-riemen/
    Those belts are meant for transport, for example a conveyor belt, and for transferring small capacities.
    Not for high power engines.

sx3-swe
    Topic starter

Thanks guys, Found some italians using a BX39 belts earlier, however it’s out of spec regarding angle and height.. Also it’s not a belt made for Variator in the beginning, I think it was belt for coolant fans in cars. The variated speed belts are often referred as “VS” in the product names.

I think my best option is to mill the carters, install it on the frame, then put on the Wallaroo belt over the Doria clutch and measure from the hub bolt holes to the frame holes.

AA-T
    Sleutelbeheerder
    zevenenergie wrote:
    Those belts are meant for transport, for example a conveyor belt, and for transferring small capacities. Not for high power engines.

I wasn’t aware of this but it makes sense, I stand corrected :thumb

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.